I’m a relatively picky eater. I have a lot of food aversions and food I just can’t eat or even look at or sometimes even touch!
Here’s a list of foods you will never see or read about me eating.
- Bananas. I can’t even. I can’t touch them. I can’t eat them. I have food texture issues and raw bananas I can’t touch or eat. I can eat banana bread and banana chips, and even sometimes choke one down in a smoothie. But ask me to peel one, forget it.
- Sandwiches on bread. Ew. I can’t stand mushy food. It grosses me out. I will not eat sandwiches on bread unless it’s grilled cheese (toasted) or tuna on toasted bread. All other sandwiches (like turkey) need to be on a bulkie roll or a wrap.
- Mashed potatoes. I can’t do the texture. I like roasted potatoes, baked potatoes, and
frieschips (of course)!
- Oatmeal/cream of wheat, etc. Ew. I think it looks like baby vomit, personally. I do like a good oatmeal raisin cookie, though. Or granola.
- Quiche. My new latest aversion. I got a piece yesterday for lunch, and I couldn’t eat it. It was squishy and squeaky and gross. I ate the crispy cheese on top and the crust on the bottom. I was still squicked out.
- Apples/applesauce. Apples make my lips swell, like many fruits with skin, and applesauce- just the consistency sets me off.
- Other things I don’t eat for various reasons: shellfish (allergy), red meat (haven’t eaten it since I was like 11), soy ( allergy), nuts (allergy), peas (allergy), pineapple (allergy), spicy foods (I like things bland and boring), bargain basement noodles and pasta (for some reason set off my gag reflex), coconut (just don’t like) but coconut oil is fine.
I’m hopefully getting allergy tested again soon as I’ve had some reactions lately from things I usually eat like chic peas/hummus.
What foods can you not eat or tolerate?