At the beginning of the year, I set out several goals for myself.
Let’s see how I did.
- Find a job.- YES I DID! 🍾
- Journal every day.- Yeah, pretty much. On days I forgot or was too tired, I just made up on the following evening.
- Run a sub minute 5K.- Just barely, and on the treadmill, not in a race situation. I definitely have struggled with speed and I know working on my last goal would have helped me in that. Well, there’s always 2018 (if we’re lucky)!
- Run another half (preferably without injury).- YES I DID! 🍾
- Stretch and strength train more consistently.- Errrr not really. I was relatively good about it at first, and then I just sort of stopped. Until I moved to Cardiff, I was taking Pilates classes every week which was really great and beneficial. I definitely need to find somewhere and be more consistent again. I’ll give myself half credit here.
- Lose the last 30 pounds.- Not even bloody close! I’ve maintained my lowest weight within 2-5 pounds, so I have become an excellent maintainer. Now I need to work on losing again.
Well 5.5/6 isn’t bad. I’ll be back soon with a general recap of 2017 and my 2018 goals.
Have you thought about goals for 2018? They don’t have to be fitness related, they could be more general, like working on improving your writing, or saving a certain amount of money per month.